Thursday, January 26, 2023

The Real Impact of Covid (Which We Most Likely Missed)

As I write the first lines of this article I have to wonder if I’ve mistitled it. Maybe it should be called “The Real Impact of Technology”? But no, that’s not right either because it’s incomplete. Possibly, “The Real Impact of Technology on the Mass Killing of Human Beings”? More accurate but too long.

So, “The Real Impact of Covid” it is. At least until I think of something better.

I am a guy who appreciates irony. I’ve wanted to write this article, which is largely related to the impacts of Covid, since Monday of the previous week. Normally I think of what I want to write for several days before I actually sit down to do my weekly blog article. Then as I’m waking up on early Saturday morning, as I’m chugging coffee, I write it before I do anything else. This could be as early as five or six AM.

The problem is that I didn’t wake up Saturday morning. I woke up Saturday afternoon at about 2:30PM, with a 102.5 degree fever and heavy flu symptoms. Then after a couple hours of self medication and sitting around staring into space I went back to sleep until early Sunday morning. I spent most of Sunday on and off lightly napping. By Monday morning I decided to call off of work with a slightly stuffy nose, a mild cough and thinking I had just caught some twenty-four hour flu bug or something.

The company I work for has a policy that if you even have very mild cold or flu symptoms you are not allowed to go to work without a negative Covid test. In keeping with this policy the HR manager called me and since I had a home test on hand we decided I should just go ahead and use it.

Now I’ve already had Covid (lab tested case) a little more than a year previously and it put me down hard for about three weeks. Not that I had been that extremely ill, I’ve been far sicker than that. The worst of it could only have been described as soul crushing fatigue. What I mean is the kind where you get off the reclining chair, go to the kitchen to get a drink and have to sit down and rest on the way back in order to keep from falling over.

So when Monday came around and I found myself north of ninety percent effective, with a stuffy nose and no fever, slight cough and no other symptoms, I was quite surprised to find my Covid test coming up positive. And here I find myself on Wednesday morning, with the same symptoms as Monday, still positive with Covid, still not back at work and instead writing this article which I normally would have done Saturday had I not had Covid.

And suddenly there’s Alanis Morissette; Ironic.

The thing is that prior to the entire Covid kerfuffle I’d have gone to work with a stuffy nose and not ever given it a second thought. I still have to sit here as I’m writing this and fight off this sense of guilt because of feeling so good as to be completely functional but not being at work doing the things I planned on accomplishing this week.

I must confess that as a guy who is into political philosophy I wake nearly ninety percent of the time and the first thing on my mind is the potential impact of politics and philosophy on human society. (We will not discuss what I’m thinking of the remaining ten percent of the time; okay?) I am a junkie to the worst possible degree as far as that goes. Politics are far more pervasive in my thoughts than most anybody I know. I really have to dial it back with almost anybody I talk to in person or else I will shoot so far past them so quickly that they’d think I’m some sort of escaped lunatic from Bedlam or something.

So check this out; Covid in my workplace is far too political for me. Best just to stay home, chug coffee, read, write, learn some stuff about how to do some of the artwork I’m interested in. I guess vacation is early this year.

That is Covid as it currently relates to me, personally, on an individual basis.

When Covid first became a big deal I remember talking to my day job boss and I told him I had a bad feeling about all of this. Not the disease itself but the reaction to it in society at large. I expressed to him the idea that the fear could create a panic when it moves out into the population and create problems of a far more extreme impact than the disease itself.

I was hoping at the time to be disappointed; hoping that things wouldn’t be as bad as I thought they would. I’m somewhat of a chronic optimist. Sadly I have to sit here and think that I’m disappointed to not be disappointed. Isn’t it ironic? Don’t cha think? A little too ironic. (Hey, if you knew the song it would be stuck in your head right now too!)

As of today’s date, 1/25/23, according to WorldOmeter on Covid, there have been 6,750,248 Covid related deaths worldwide. I highly doubt for many, many reasons the veracity of that count but for the sake of argument let’s just go with it.

There is a UN report out there (here’s the link) that makes this claim, “WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said that ‘while it is too soon to assess the full impact of #COVID19, the report estimates that 130 million more people may face chronic hunger by the end of this year.’”

This report is not at all unique. Just Google “Covid starvation deaths” and you’ll see what I mean. Make no mistake, chronic hunger is very deadly. The kinds of numbers they are talking about would even make Chairman Mao a little twitchy.

Thousands of years ago it was impossible to kill people on that scale. Then it used to take armies of hundreds of thousands making and using swords, spears, bows and arrows, millions of hours of labor spread out over hundreds of years. Then it used to take millions of hours of labor in making rifles, bullets, poisonous gases, bombs, ships and airplanes, decades. In the 1940s that was reduced to a small handful of bombs, a couple of planes with airbases and hundreds of millions of dollars of support to do the same damage in less than a day. Within my lifetime it became possible to do the same thing with billions of dollars of support to wipe out the entire population of Earth within an hour or so.

So what did it take for someone to place the lives of 130 million people at extreme risk? Simple. They told us that, hypothetically, possibly, at an outside chance, if you have enough other high risk ailments or are really just old, maybe we could die. (Da da daaaaa!)

That’s it. We did the rest. This isn’t on Covid. This isn’t on the lab or people who manufactured the disease; assuming such reports are even true. This is on us and every single thing we did that said “BE AFRAID!!!” instead of saying “remain calm.” Terrified people behave along specific behavior lines and it is rare that anything good that comes of it.

My ex-wife said to me, “Well Brett, that’s more than six million dead people; isn’t that enough bodies for you?”

That is pretty bad but let’s take a closer and more informed look at that.

All of the lockdowns and their consequent economic destruction, for us here in the United States, means some inflationary prices, higher unemployment and longer supply times. In third world countries it means an additional three weeks without food during which time there will be massive starvation. When is the last time you went three weeks without food?

Let’s cut the UN estimate in half. Ahhh, screw it. Let’s cut it to a far more “reasonable” 50 million. Go ahead and buy into the argument that the full 130 million won’t starve to death but most will just be very close to it.

That means that the number of people we have killed in this scenario, to protect the world from the horrors of death by Covid is slightly more than seven and one third times the number of dead people from only the Covid.

Again, all they did was told us that, hypothetically, possibly, at an outside chance, if you have enough other high risk ailments or are really just old, maybe we could die. (Da da daaaaa!) Just like that 50 million lose their lives.

While that is on a genocidal scale it’s not death by genocidal slaughter. It’s not death by Covid. It’s not really even death by economic impact. It’s death by selfish, stupid and ignorant fear.

We are not even talking about the short term or long term potential effects of largely untested mRNA shots; which the drug companies are protected against liabilities for any harm they cause; which many people want to see imposed as mandatory for everybody; which does not prevent you from getting Covid, a disease with a very high survival rate anyhow; which doesn’t prevent you from transmitting Covid to other people; which there is a sudden drastic increase in previously completely healthy people of all ages, from prenatal to old age, dying for no apparent reason, since the release of the vaccine; which arguably there is no good reason to take in the first place.

For some people this is foil hat time. I’ve said before that I’m not a very good conspiracy theorist. At the same time, my dear friends, given the clear history of the world, it’s pretty easy to make the case that there are people who enjoy the idea of causing the deaths of as many people as possible. I’m not saying they are all in some secret cabal working together with each other to control the world. They, being people who like to kill people, aren’t particularly fussy about their victims. They are just as happy to see each other die horribly as they are to see you or I die horribly. The evidence to support this supposition is the simple fact that genocide exists and that it is impossible for it to happen accidentally.

I’m not going to come right out and say that the whole Covid issue was intentionally planned by people who want to see us all dead. That’s not even close to the point that I’m trying to make with this article. However if you were such a person as described above, and again there is plenty of evidence to support this theory, Covid, or something much like it, very well could be the fulfillment of your wildest dreams. You create a virus in a lab. Accidentally and covertly release it into the world. Make sure people are good and afraid of it. Sell them a cure, that isn’t a cure, which contains something that makes a random number of people’s blood clot up. Then just sit back and watch the bodies hit the floor.

If the virus doesn’t get them the fear will. If the fear doesn’t get them then the economic impacts will. If the economic impact doesn’t get them then the starvation will. If the starvation doesn’t get them then the adverse reaction to the mRNA shot will.

George Orwell would wet himself with envy for not thinking of it.

Now I have to say again that this theory is only being discussed here as a theory. I’m just a humble guy who likes to live his life and think about stuff, so I’ll leave the proving to those more adept at the research than I. It’s not a theory that I am necessarily in a position to endorse or reject at this time. That’s not the point of this article.

The point of this article is that all of what I’ve pointed out in it is theoretically possible. That’s something that cannot be denied. I’m not saying it did or didn’t happen. I’m not saying that it is or isn’t happening. I am saying that it could happen.

Technology has advanced and this is only a milestone along the way. But it is a milestone of such incredible magnitude that I feel “perfectly comfortable” in saying that something as significant as this hasn’t happened within human history since the mushroom cloud first rose above New Mexico in the Trinity explosion of 1945.

Whether it has happened as I’ve said, whether the conspiracy theories are true or not, is not the issue I’m talking about here. I have my belief on the subject which I assure you I have not stated; because it is not even fully formed as yet. What I am saying is that the technology to cause the wholesale massive destruction of human life on Earth has clearly turned a corner. Fifth generation warfare (Fifth-generation warfare is warfare that is conducted primarily through non-kinetic military action, such as social engineering, misinformation, cyberattacks, along with emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence and fully autonomous systems.—Wiki) only hinted at a couple of generations ago, is now certainly and demonstrably, completely and thoroughly possible.

It is only that possibility which I’m talking about here.

It is now much easier for people to kill people. What’s worse is that it can be accomplished without anybody really knowing who is behind it until it is far too late to be stopped.

And with that said; have a nice day! 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment